Stylish Sustainability


Great design is not necessarily rocket science, and while I love a clever machine my inner Luddite rejoices whenever I encounter lo-tech brilliance. Enter Wolplamuur by Heleen Klopper, Dutch designer. Wolplamuur translates to Woolfiller and is the name of a repair kit for all your woollen garments which have fallen prey to the dreaded cupboard moths.


Like I said, it is not rocket science, these kits use one of the oldest textile techniques know to man - felting. What is brilliant about it is the eye for detail in designing the repair patches and the simplicity of the kit which makes it accessible for those who don't know their fleece from their foot.


Beanies off to Heleen Klopper who was awarded a prize at Doen Materiaalprijs for this project!



2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Reminds me of this scarf: http://nikkishell.typepad.com/wardrobe_refashion_news/2009/07/darn-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed it does - I love the use of colour in the scarf. Perfect for those pieces you simply can't bear to throw out....

    ReplyDelete