Spring in my step...

Of late the weather has sent a few lovely sunny mornings Melbourne's way and I thought a brief update on the goings on at Jack of Diamonds studio were in order...

Jack of Diamonds has been invited to show a debut Spring Summer range at Melbourne Spring Fashion Week in September (just a breath away!) - so, on the edge of winter I thought I would share some of what is inspiring this new season collection of garments and accessories.


The two photographs of dancers are from an ad campaign for The Netherlands Dance Theatre titled 'We Fight, We Dance' - these images by the extraordinary Dutch photographer Erwin Olaf.


I couldn't go past these photos when I first came upon them while checking up on one of my favourite photographers. They show the beauty, grit and power of dancers - I constantly find dance and movement as a theme in my design work. I hope to translate some of this relaxed strength into my new designs...


The swatches of yarn and fabric are the preliminary textile 'ideas' for this, as yet, unnamed collection. Stay tuned for further developments.


1 comment:

  1. Wow - congratulations Bri!! Can't wait to see the collection. Nice bodies - oh, I mean photography :))

    ReplyDelete